Checklist for Recording a Survey Establishing a New Parcel of Land
Must have a Recorder Certificate
- Must be legible and at least 8 pt type.
- A paper original may be used for recording if the size is no
larger than 8 1/2" X 14". If the survey is larger than 8 1/2" X
14" a mylar original and one paper copy must be presented for
- It must have a legal description.
- If must contain the original signature and impressed seal of
the professional land surveyor as required by Mo. Law #327.361.
When the surveyor seal is affixed it must meet MO State Recorder
Laws which say that a seal cannot be affixed over words or
signatures. In order to meet recorder laws and surveyor laws we
request that the surveyor put two seals in the surveyor
certificate, one will be an embossed seal over their signature
and certificate and one in a blank area to meet recorder laws.
- It must state who the survey is prepared for.
- Recording Fees:
8 1/2" X 14" ----- $24
18" X 24" ----- $24
- A postcard provided by the department of natural resources
must be completed and presented with the survey for recording.
- Must have a Recorders Certificate which is part of the survey for recording information to be filled in by the Recorders Office, if one must be attached on an additional page, the fee increases by $5.